Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Knife Block reVamp

As promised, I completed a project and I think it turned out fabulous! I really wanted to give it a 'distressed look, as in the tutorial, from Johnny in a Dress, I looked at. Well, it didn't happen, due to the white spray paint nozzle being broke off, and irreplaceable. Maybe I will add to it; I let this meld a bit.

So here it is...step by step. Enjoy!

Step 1 - Take ordinary knife block and remove knives. 
Step 2 - Give it a light sanding. I used a piece of 60 grit, coarse sand paper.
I only sanded it enough to take off the sheen it had before. I assumed the paint would 'stick' better. 
Step 3 - Paint it. I used a left over paint sample from what was the color of Corbin's first bedroom .
**I put 3 coats on it. Do however many you want. You will know wen it's covered. I did..

Step 4 - I sprayed it, lightly, with a matte finish, clear spray paint. I hate glossy paint.

Step 5 - I didn't want to put an initial on it. I had this stamp from years ago and the paint from an old Christmas project.
I mixed, stamped, and made a few 'touch-ups'.  
Viloa!

All in all, so simple. And it made me want to do more, so I am spray painting a wire bakers rack I use outside for flowers and Corbin's toys. I cleaned out the spare bedroom closet. I washed and changed the sheets. I cleaned the vacuum and then vacuumed. 
I feel accomplished. #winning

No comments:

Post a Comment