Friday, January 13, 2012

For poorer...

Human Money BanksSo I finally filed our taxes. And it put me in a bad mood. I love how TurboTax shows you how much money you get back as you proceed through each step of the process. The number just kept going down. I suppose I need to be thankful for getting any money back at all - I could have owed money. But I don't think that I have ever know anyone to get back a considerable amount of money. That's the government for you. Take, take, take. It seems redundant to me that I work a million hours a year, and I feel like I have nothing to show for it. When I get my big lottery win, however, I won't have that problem.

But it did get me thinking. This year I am trying to take a positive approach to things. Money isn't everything. Happiness and health are much more important. With that being said, Jimmy is sick, for the second time this year. (What day do you have? FRIDAY the 13th! EEK!) When are we going to catch a break? I do have to say, though, that 2012 isn't so bad. Job is great. Husband is great, well, other than the sickness. Corbin is great. Life is great :]

No comments:

Post a Comment