Monday, January 16, 2012

Quilt Blocker

So I have begun a new adventure. Sewing. Well, quilting, if you can call it that...

Everyone needs a hobby and reading only gets you so far. I feel like if I can sew a quilt, it would make it easier to be able to hem my own pants. I decided that I would start off small (sorta) and make a carrot.

IMG_2832.jpg
Easter will be here before we know it, and Valentine's Day was too close for me to be able to pull off anything that looked remotely good, so that was that. I spent an hour at Jo-Ann's picking out fabric. (left)

     So tonight I successfully cut all the strips and began to sew. I don't have a backing fabric, but I have batting. Sewing on the outside looks quick and easy...boy, was I wrong about that. But here is my progress...   
photo.JPG
photo.JPG



1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz-- what a cool project!!! Thanks for posting the link... just might have to add that to my ever-growing list...

    And, as for sewing in a straight line: Slow down. Pin your fabric. And lots of practice. It'll come with time. Keep at it! For some reason, your picture links aren't showing in your posting... not sure if it's me & my web browser or what. Can't wait to see your finished product. If you have any questions or need help~ let me know. I'd be happy to assist where I can. :o)

    ReplyDelete